Panir cheese is a fresh cheese originating in India and used in Indian and South Asian cuisine. It can be used in different preparations. It is a curd cheese, not cured, acid, that does not melt. It has been curdled by heating milk with lemon or another acidic food. Unlike many other cheeses, it does not require rennet as a coagulating agent, which is why it is totally lacto-vegetarian and is one of the most frequent sources of protein for vegetarians. It is usually eaten without salt and cooked.
Learn how to make Paneer with this simple and easy recipe!
To make Paneer cheese, you will need the ingredients on the list and follow the step-by-step instructions.
1 Litre Full Fat Milk
1 Cup Water
1 tbsp Vinegar
2 tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- Boil 1 liter of milk in the pan;
- Add 1 cup of water with 1 tbsp of vinegar;
- Strain it;
- Add some chilled water;
- Strain the water completely from it;
- Transfer to a bowl;
- Add 2 tbsp of maida (all purpose flour) to it;
- Mix and knead;
- Shape it into a ball;
- Wrap it in a cloth;
- Keep the paneer in this vessel and let it steam ;
- Keep it in the refrigerator so that it forms a nice texture;
- Chope it;
- Your Paneer is ready!