Pigs in a Blanket is a popular appetizer or snack that typically consists of small sausages or hot dogs wrapped in dough and baked until golden and crispy.
Pigs in a Blanket
It’s a simple yet tasty dish that’s enjoyed by many. Here’s a basic recipe for Pigs in a Blanket:
Cocktail sausages or hot dogs
Refrigerated crescent roll dough or puff pastry sheets
Optional: Mustard or ketchup for serving
- Preheat your oven to the temperature indicated on the dough package (usually around 375°F or 190°C).
- If using crescent roll dough, unroll the dough and separate it into triangles along the perforated lines. If using puff pastry sheets, roll out the pastry slightly to flatten it.
- Cut the dough triangles or pastry sheets into smaller strips that are wide enough to wrap around the sausages.
- Take a sausage or hot dog and place it at the wider end of a dough strip. Roll the dough tightly around the sausage, ensuring that it is completely covered.
- Place the wrapped sausages on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, seam side down, to prevent them from unraveling.
- Repeat the wrapping process with the remaining sausages and dough.
- Once all the sausages are wrapped, place the baking sheet in the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the dough turns golden brown and becomes crispy.
- Remove the Pigs in a Blanket from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Serve them warm with mustard or ketchup as dipping sauces, if desired.