The dosa is a flat food preparation in the shape of a disk, made with a semi-liquid fermented mixture of rice and beans, to which spices are added, and which takes consistency when heated. It is a very typical dish of Indian cuisine, especially in the south of the country.
Faça uma Plain Dosa with this simple and easy recipe!
A masala dosa is made from a dosa to which potatoes, fried onions and spices are added. A variation of the masala dosa, the mysore masala dosa, is served with coconut chutney and onion. In Bangalore, masala dosa is served with a red chutney applied to its surface.
Rice (2 cup)
Chana dal (1/3 cup)
Urad dal (1/2 cup)
Methi (1 tsp)
- Mix all ingredients;
- Wash it 2 to 3 times;
- Add water;
- Soak it for 6 hours;
- Drain all the water;
- Grind it into a smooth batter;
- Let it ferment for 6 to 8 hours in warm place;
- Add enough water to make it smooth;
- Heat a frying pan;
- Grease with oil lightly;
- Sprinkle some water;
- Pour 1/2 cup batter to the centre of the pan;
- Spread the batter with a circular motion from the centre;
- Towards the side of the pan;
- Drizzle 1 tsp of oil/ghee around the dosa;
- Gently lift the dosa;
- Serve the dosa with chutney, sambar, etc…
- Your Plain Dosa is ready!