Rice pudding is a typical dessert of the gastronomy of many countries made by slowly cooking rice with milk and sugar. It is served hot or cold. It is usually sprinkled with cinnamon, vanilla or lemon peel to flavor it.
This Rice Pudding recipe is simple and easy to make, check it out!
You can serve it hot or you can serve it cold. You can make it from scratch or you can use leftovers. Let’s make some rice pudding.
So today we are going to make rice pudding from scratch.
1 cup medium grain white rice
4½ cups whole milk
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup heavy cream
ground cinnamon (for garnish)
- In a pan, add rice, milk, butter, sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce the heat and simmer gently, covered but stirring occasionally for 35 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Stir and put that lid on.
- Now every three to five, five to ten minutes, every once and a while, come back and give this a good stir.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Topping with a sprinkling of ground cinnamon or a little heavy cream, some nuts, raisins, chocolate, or whatever you like.
- Your Rice Pudding is ready!