Risotto is a typical Italian dish in which onions and arborium are lightly fried, or rice in butter, and meat or vegetables and other ingredients are gradually added until the rice is cooked and cannot absorb any more liquid.
Risotto [riˈzɔtto], which literally means rice, is a typical dish from the North of Italy, more specifically it comes from Lombardy. Risotto dates back to the 11th century when Sicily was dominated by the Saracens and these brought the grain used to prepare the risotto.
Check out an excellent recipe for you to prepare!
RisottoCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
To make this delicious Risotto, you will need the ingredients listed below. Follow the preparation mode step-by-step to make it perfect!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic (minced)
1 tbsp shallots
2 bay leaves
1 cup of arborio rice
4 tbsp butter
3 cups of chicken stock
1 cup butternut squash
1 cup parmesan cheese
- First in a frying pan add your olive oil
- Then add in your minced garlic
- Now add your shallots to the pan
- Cook and mix everything together
- Now add in your bay leaves
- Then add in your thyme to the pan
- And add in your arborio rice
- Now add half your butter to the pan
- And add your chicken stock one cup at a time
- Then add the other half of your butter to the pan
- Now add your butternut squash in
- Followed by your parmesan cheese