The roasted rib is a typical culinary preparation of French gastronomy that consists of a whole beef or pork rib, roasted in the oven in a grease tray. It is often accompanied on the same tray by a side dish of vegetables (potatoes, carrots…) or fruit (berries) or with a dressing of aromatic herbs, such as fresh rosemary, or spices. There are multiple versions of the recipe, however, in the French culinary tradition, this and other meat dishes are usually accompanied by a glass of red wine.
Learn how to make your Roast Prime Rib with this simple and easy recipe!
Roast Prime Rib
For your Roast Prime Rib to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
- Prime Rib
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons mixed or tri-color peppercorns, coarsely cracked
One 7- to 8-pound boneless prime rib roast
2 cups sour cream
2/3 cup prepared horseradish, drained
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch fresh chives, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- Prime Rib
- In a bowl, add 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature;
- Add 1/4 cup prepared horseradish;
- Add 2 tablespoons mixed or tri-color peppercorns, coarsely cracked;
- Add Kosher salt;
- Add to One 7- to 8-pound boneless prime rib roast;
- Transfer to a roating pan with rack;
- Bake at 500ºF for 40 minutes;
- In a bowl, add 2 cups sour cream;
- Add 2/3 cup prepared horseradish, drained;
- Add Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Add 1 bunch fresh chives, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup);
- Your Roast Prime Rib is ready!