Roasted broccoli is a simple and delicious side dish that can be paired with a variety of main courses.
Here’s a basic recipe that you can try at home:
1 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: minced garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly oil it.
- Place the chopped broccoli florets in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the broccoli, add salt, pepper and any other desired seasonings.
- Mix well to evenly coat the broccoli.
- Spread the broccoli out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and lightly browned.
- Optional: Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top of the roasted broccoli and return it to the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve the roasted broccoli hot, garnished with lemon juice, if desired.