I’m gonna show you how to make a delicious creamy salmon chowder that’s perfect for the weekends or even for a weeknight meal.
For your Salmon Chowder to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
6 bacon slices, chopped
2 yellow onion, peeled and small-diced
4 celery stalks, medium-diced
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 lbs. Heinen’s frozen Arctic salmon, cut into 1” chunks
4 ears of corn, trimmed
12 oz. clam juice
6 cups chicken stock
3 cups large red potatoes, diced
1/3 cup corn starch mixed with 3 Tbsp. of water
2 cups heavy cream
1 ½ Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the bacon to a large pot over medium heat and cook until crispy and browned.
- Set the cooked bacon aside and add the onions.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the celery and garlic.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the salmon and corn.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Add the clam juice, chicken stock and red potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the potatoes are tender and the mixture is boiling, stir in the corn starch and water mixture.
- Stir until thick, about 1 minute.
- Finish by stirring in the heavy cream, crispy bacon, dill, salt and pepper.
- Your Salmon Chowder is ready!