Let’s make this simple and easy scotch egg recipe!
To make your scotch egg recipe, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the instructions in the preparation method.
6 medium-sized eggs
1 lb ground pork sausage
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried sage
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 beaten eggs
1 cup breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
- Boil 6 eggs for 6-7 minutes, then cool them in cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, dried thyme, dried sage, salt, and pepper.
- Peel the eggs and wrap a portion of the sausage mixture around each egg, making sure the egg is completely covered.
- Place the flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs into separate shallow dishes.
- Dip each sausage-covered egg into the flour, then into the beaten eggs, and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Make sure the egg is well coated.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the coated eggs for about 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with your favorite dipping sauce.