Learn how to make a Shrimp Scampi Pasta with this simple and easy recipe!
Shrimp Scampi Pasta
See the ingredients needed for your Shrimp Scampi Pasta to be perfect. Follow the preparation instructions.
1/2 lb spaghetti (with 1 Tbsp salt + 1 Tbsp olive oil to cook pasta)
1 lb (or 1 bundle) asparagus, rinsed
3 Tbsp butter, divided
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 1/2 Tbsp)
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (either 16-20 or 21-25 count)
1 tsp salt for shrimp
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
Grated parmesan to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add one tablespoon of salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook according to the package instructions, then return it to the pot and cover to keep warm.
- While that pasta cooks, I’m gonna get started on the asparagus. Snap off and discard the fibrous ends, then cut the asparagus into thirds.
- Put a large deep pan over medium high heat.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil, one tablespoon butter, and the asparagus.
- Season lightly with a quarter teaspoon of salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Saute five minutes or until crisp tender and remove it from the pan.
- Now add the remaining two tablespoons oil and two tablespoons butter, along with your minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic one minute, then add shrimp in a single layer and season with a teaspoon of salt and a quarter teaspoon of black pepper.
- Cook the shrimp about two minutes per side or until they’re pink and no longer translucent.
- Once the shrimp are cooked, quickly stir in a quarter cup of fresh lemon juice, a third cup of chopped parsley, and a tablespoon of lemon zest.
- Remove the pan from the heat so you don’t overcook the shrimp, then return the pasta and the asparagus back to the pan and toss everything to combine.
- Your Shrimp Scampi Pasta is ready!