Shrimp tacos are a type of taco that are made with cooked shrimp as the main filling. The shrimp are usually seasoned with a variety of spices, such as chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika, and then grilled, sautéed, or fried until they are pink and cooked through.
Shrimp tacos are a popular dish in Mexican and coastal cuisine and are often served as a light and refreshing meal. They can be enjoyed as a main course or as part of a larger spread of Mexican-inspired dishes.
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
8 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 lime, cut into wedges
Salsa and hot sauce for serving
- Preheat your grill or skillet to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Grill or sauté the shrimp until they are pink and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill or in the microwave.
- To assemble the tacos, place some shredded cabbage on each tortilla, followed by a few pieces of shrimp, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze some lime juice over each taco and serve with salsa and hot sauce on the side.