The carne asada is a meat-based dish of Mexican cuisine, generally of beef belly, which is marinated with spices (garlic, coriander, etc.) for a maximum of 4 hours and then cooked on the grill. It is often served with guacamole, grilled onions, black beans, rice and tortillas, less frequently as a topping on a burrito.
This dish is commonly prepared in northern and western Mexico (in the states of Sonora, Baja California, Baja California Sur, Coahuila, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Nuevo León, Durango, Tamaulipas, and San Luis Potosí) and in the southwestern United States. (especially in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas). It is sold in Mexican meat shops, called carnicerías.
Learn how to make a Slow Cooker Roast Meat with this simple and easy recipe!
Slow Cooker Carne Asada
I’m showing you how to make slow Cooker Carne Asada. This recipe comes from viewer request because so many of you have loved my recipe for carne asada and lots of you have asked if you can make it in the slow cooker. So today I’m going to show you exactly how to do that!
2 limes, juiced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup orange juice
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup olive oil
1 jalapeno, minced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 (2 pound) flank steak
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup of orange juice;
- Add the juice from 2 limes;
- Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil;
- Add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar;
- Add 4 cloves of minced garlic;
- Add a minced jalapeno;
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt;
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of pepper;
- Add 1 cup of freshly chopped cilantro;
- Whisk this together;
- Next we’re going to take some flank steak and lay it right into the bottom of the slow cooker;
- Then we’re going to take our sauce and pour it directly over the meat;
- Then we’re going to take the lid and pop it on and then cook it on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8;
- Your Carne Asada is ready!