Prepare a delicious Butternut Squash Soup recipe in a quick and easy way!
Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
Here’s how to make a deliciously spicy butternut squash soup. See the necessary ingredients and follow the instructions for the preparation method.
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Butternut squash
1 Vegetable stock cube
Oil (to fry)
Parsley (to garnish)
1 Red chilli
- Take 1 large onion, cut the ends off, peel then slice in half. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Take 2 garlic cloves and peel and roughly chop. Set aside with the onion.
- Take one red chilli. Slice the end off and slice into rings. Set aside with the onion and garlic.
- Take one butternut squash. Slice the end of the butternut squash off then carefully, using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half just about the bulge at the bottom of the vegetable.
- Cut the bottom end in half downwards (to reveal the seeds). Then use a spoon to hollow the seeds out from the squash.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the skin off, then chop all the butternut squash into 1
inch pieces – all of equal size.
- Also, peel and chop 1 carrot then take a large saucepan and place on the stove.
- Heat some olive oil up and through in the onion, garlic and red chillies.
- Fry for about 5 minutes over a medium to high heat whilst stirring continuously.
- Add into the pan the butternut squash we chopped earlier, along with the carrot.
- Top the contents of the pan up with boiling water until everything’s just covered.
- Crumble in one vegetable stock cube and season generously with some salt.
- Now give everything a stir and bring the pan up to boiling point.
- Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, topping the contents up with water if needed.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and carefully separate the veg from the stock (leaving the stock aside for later).
- Now, pour a small amount of the stock back into the vegetables and using either a regular or hand blender, blitz the veg until nice and smooth.
- Slowly keep adding small amounts of stock back into the pan, whilst blending, until you’re happy with the consistency of the soup.
- When you’re happy with the thickness, stop blending and this soup can be served either straight away or reheated at a late date.
- When serving, sprinkle with some freshly chopped parsley. For even more of a kick, sprinkle with some dried chilli flakes.
- There you have it, that’s how to make a deliciously spicy butternut squash soup!