Stir fry sauce is a flavorful liquid mixture that is used to coat stir-fried vegetables, meats, and/or noodles. It is typically made from a combination of soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and other seasonings such as garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. The sauce helps to bring all the different ingredients together in a stir fry dish and gives it its distinctive flavor. The sauce is usually added towards the end of the cooking process, once the vegetables and protein have been cooked and are almost ready to be served.
Stir Fry Sauce
Different types of stir fry sauces can be created by varying the ingredients and proportions of the different seasonings, allowing for a wide variety of flavor options in stir fry cooking.
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cornstarch, ground ginger, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes (if using) until well combined.
- Stir in water until smooth.
- Use the sauce immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- To use the sauce, simply stir fry your desired vegetables and protein in a wok or large skillet until cooked through. Then pour the sauce over the top and stir until everything is coated and the sauce has thickened.
- Enjoy your delicious stir fry with homemade sauce!