Stuffed mushrooms are a type of appetizer or side dish made by filling mushroom caps with a variety of ingredients, such as meat, cheese, vegetables, and breadcrumbs.
The stuffed mushrooms are then baked in the oven until the filling is hot and the mushroom caps are tender. Stuffed mushrooms are often served as a starter at formal dinners or as a party snack. They can be made with a variety of different ingredients, depending on your preferences, and are a tasty way to enjoy mushrooms.
20 medium-sized mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces ground pork
8 ounces ground beef
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set the caps aside. Finely chop the stems.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and chopped mushroom stems and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pork, beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook until the meat is fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Place the mushroom caps in a baking dish. Fill each mushroom cap with a spoonful of the meat mixture.
- Melt the butter and brush it over the stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake the mushrooms in the preheated oven until the tops are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the stuffed mushrooms hot. Enjoy!