Learn how to make an original Swedish Meatballs recipe!
Check out the ingredients needed for your Swedish Meatballs to be perfect. Follow the preparation instructions.
500g beef mince
250g pork mince
1 onion finely chopped
1 clove of garlic (crushed or minced)
5 tablespoons of milk (whole milk)
Generous salt and pepper
- Cream Sauce
Dash of oil
40g plain flour
150ml vegetable stock
150ml beef stock
150ml thick double cream
2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine beef and pork mince and mix with your fingers to break up any lumps.
- Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg and mix.
- Add milk and season well with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into small, round balls.
- Place on a clean plate, cover and store in the fridge for 2 hours.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- When hot, gently add your meatballs and brown on all sides.
- When browned, add to an ovenproof dish.
- Place in a hot oven (180°C conventional or 160°C fan) and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Melt 40g of butter in a pan.
- Whisk in 40g of plain and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 150ml of veg stock and 150ml of beef stock and continue to stir.
- Add 150ml double cream.
- Add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- Bring to simmer and allow sauce to thicken.
- Your Swedish Meatballs is ready!