Tortellini is a variety of ring-shaped pasta, composed of a layer of dough rolled and joined at its ends, which is usually filled with meat, cheese or vegetables. There are different ways to serve them, either in broth, in sauce or with cream. This dish arose in the Italian region of Emilia-Romagna, with disputed origin between the provinces of Bologna and Modena.
Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
Learn how to make Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad in a quick and easy way, select the necessary ingredients and follow the step-by-step preparation mode.
2 tablespoons oil from sun dried tomato jar
1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 clove garlic minced or pressed
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (9 oz) package cheese tortellini
2 tablespoons finely minced sun dried tomatoes that have been packed in oil
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup diced red pepper
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup chickpeas
- First up, the pasta: So, we have pre-cooked a half pound of cheese tortellini, any cheese tortellini will do and that’s cooling over in our sink.
- And so, now we’re going to cut up a quarter cup of green bell pepper, red bell pepper, red onion and about two tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes.
- So now, when we’re cutting our bell peppers, we’re gonna cut off the tops and we’re also going to do the bottoms and then just take out any seeds in there and clean those out. Then what we’re gonna do is, we’re going to roll it out to make it easier to cut.
- So, we’re just going to slice this guy and you’ll see that’ll roll out really nicely.
- Now, first up we have a little bit of oil from the sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice right here, red wine vinegar, a clove of garlic right in there like that, dried oregano, dried basil and a pinch of salt.
- Now, I’m just going to put on our lid on, give it a quick shake, and it’s done!
- Alright, so the veggies are all cut up and in a bowl. And I am finished with our dressing.
- So now all that’s left is to add in some feta, our chick peas, and now I’m grabbing our tortellini that’s been cooling off in the sink. Add that in.
- And I’m just going to give this mixture a quick stir.
- Only thing we have left to do now is to take the dressing that Jennifer prepared earlier and stir it all together.
- Your Tortellini is done!