Here is a basic recipe for tuna casserole that you can customize to your liking:
Tuna casserole is a classic comfort food that is easy to make and can be a great way to use up leftover ingredients you have on hand.
3 cups cooked egg noodles
2 cans of tuna, drained
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Breadcrumbs or crushed crackers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, peas, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cooked noodles, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- If desired, top the casserole with breadcrumbs or crushed crackers.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is hot and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.