Tzatziki is a characteristic sauce of Greek and Turkish cuisines, widely used in meze.
Learn how to make a delicious Tzatziki with this recipe!
Tzatziki: Homemade Greek Garlic Yogurt Sauce
To make your Tzatziki, you will need the ingredients listed below. Follow the preparation mode step-by-step.
1 cucumber (peeled, grated, tossed)
add 1 tsp salt to release the water
2 cloves of garlic (pressed)
500g (2 cups) Greek yogurt (full fat)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
salt, pepper, cummin
1-2 tbsp fresh dill (depending on your taste)
- Peel and grate the cucumber;
- Add 1 tsp salt;
- Mash 2 cloves of garlic;
- Squeeze out the water of cucumbers with a cloth;
- In a bowl, add 500g (2 cups) Greek yogurt (full fat);
- Add the grated cucumber;
- Add the ground garlic;
- Add 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice;
- Add olive oil;
- Add salt, pepper, cummin;
- Add 1-2 tbsp fresh dill (depending on your taste);
- Your Tzatziki is ready!