Whipped cream or whipped cream is milk cream, often sweetened, that has been whipped to incorporate air. If the cream has 30% or more fat, it can be mixed with air, so that the air bubbles are captured in a network of fat droplets and the resulting colloid acquires approximately twice the volume of the original cream; however, if the churning process continues the fat droplets stick together destroying the colloid and forming butter and the remaining liquid is buttermilk. Icing sugar is sometimes added to the colloid, in order to stiffen the mixture and reduce the risk of over-mixing.
Check out an easy and simple Whipped Cream recipe to make!
Today we are going to make a classic whipped cream, and that you can put on just about anything.
1 pint heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add 1 pint heavy whipping cream to the bowl;
- Add 3 tablespoons sugar;
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract;
- Beat slowly for 1 minute;
- Once your cream thickens slightly, then you can turn it on a little bit quicker and this will go a lot faster.
- Beat for another 1 or 2 minutes until it becomes firmer;
- Your Whipped Cream is ready!