A breakfast casserole is a type of dish that is typically made with eggs, milk, and a variety of other ingredients such as meats, vegetables, and cheese. It is usually baked in the oven in a large baking dish and is served hot.
Breakfast casseroles are often served for breakfast or brunch, but they can also be served at other times of the day. They are a convenient and tasty option for feeding a group of people, as they can be easily made ahead of time and then baked when ready to serve. Some common variations of breakfast casseroles include those made with sausage, bacon, ham, and vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
1 pound breakfast sausage
6 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced tomato
1/2 cup diced ham
1/2 cup diced cooked potatoes
1/4 cup diced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until it is browned and fully cooked.
- Drain any excess grease.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, bell pepper, onion, tomato, ham, potatoes, green onions, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sausage to the egg mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown.
- Serve the casserole hot, garnished with additional green onions and parsley if desired.