Brioche, egg yolk bread, bun, brioche or Swiss, is a type of sweet of French origin, made from a paste with eggs, yeast, milk, butter (400 grams or more for each kilogram of flour) and sugar . The crust is browned before baking, thus obtaining its characteristic color, while the crumb is a paler yellow. Like bread, it often takes many forms, including ring and hexagonal loaves. It is common to add raisins to bread as a complement.
In Venezuela, when they are prepared in a hemispherical way, it is called ambrosiana and it also has raisins and candied fruits within its mass, as well as being dusted with icing sugar.
Learn how to make Brioche Burger Buns in a simple and easy way!
Brioche Burger Buns
I’ll be showing how to make these soft and buttery brioche buns. These homemade buns are guaranteed to take your burgers to the next level.
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup sugar, divided
2 tsp dry active yeast
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Start off by warming one cup of whole milk to 110 degrees Fahrenheit, then add a tablespoon of sugar and two teaspoons of dry active yeast.
- Give it a quick stir and set it aside for about 15 minutes or until it becomes frothy.
- Meanwhile, add four and a quarter cups of all-purpose flour into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Along with three tablespoons of sugar and two teaspoons of salt.
- Using your spatula create a little well in the center then add your frothy yeast mixture.
- Along with four eggs. Using the hook attachment begin mixing the dough on low speed, then slowly pick up the speed too high.
- Once almost all the patches of flour have disappeared add in half a cup of softened unsalted butter.
- Continue beating the dough for another 10 minutes on high speed until its form its shape.
- A good way to know when your dough is done mixing is when it begins to take shape and no longer sticks to the side of the beater bowl.
- Now place the dough onto a very lightly floured surface.
- Work it into a bowl and place it into a large greased bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it in a warm place for about one hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- Now form the ball into a log shape and divide it into 8 equal pieces.
- Take each piece of dough and shape it into a ball then place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let the buns proof for about 30 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine one egg with a teaspoon of water then brush the egg wash over each bun generously.
- Now sprinkle the buns with sesame seeds and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until the buns are golden brown.
- Your Brioche Burger Buns is ready!