Learn how to make a delicious Chicken Noodle Soup for your lunch and dinner with this simple and easy recipe!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Nothing beats a bowl of hot chicken noodle soup when it’s cold outside, especially if you’re feeling a bit under the weather.
2 tbsp butter
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup sliced celery
1 white onion, diced
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
8 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
12 ounces egg noodles
1½ cups cooked chopped chicken
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Get 2 tablespoons of salted butter melting in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted you can add in your celery, carrots, and onions.
- Let the vegetables saute in the butter for about 5-7 minutes until they start to turn soft.
- Then we’ll add in 1 tablespoon of grated ginger and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, and let those sauté for just about 1 minute.
- Then we’ll add in 8 cups of chicken broth,then add in 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and just a little bit of salt because we’ll be adding salt to taste.
- Then we’re gonna bring this to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil add in 12 ounces of egg noodles,and 1 1/2 cups of cooked chicken, and we’re gonna stir this and let it cook until the noodles are tender.
- Last you’ll just turn off the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Your Chicken Noodle Soup is ready!