Chicken salad is a salad in which the main ingredient is chicken meat that has been previously boiled and shredded. Sometimes cooked potatoes and carrots cut into brunoise (squares) and peas are added. Sometimes apple is added to give it an acid taste. It is seasoned with mayonnaise (mayonnaise), salt, pepper and a touch of mustard. It is an alternative to the traditional chicken salad, served in Venezuela as a Christmas dish.
Learn how to make a Chicken Salad in a quick, easy and delicious way!
Today I’m showing you everything you need to know to make the best homemade chicken salad ever!
12 ounces cooked shredded chicken
1 rib of celery minced
2 tablespoons minced sweet onion
1/4 cup halved red grapes
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pinch garlic powder
- Just place 2 or 3 chicken breasts into some chicken broth in a pot, bring it to a boil and let it boil for about 15 minutes until the chicken is easily shredded with a fork.
- So we’ll go ahead and place this into a mixing bowl along with 2 tablespoons of minced sweet onion which I feel like adds a ton of flavor to your chicken salad. Then it’s nice to add in a little bit of crunch.
- So I’m going to dice up 1 stalk of celery. The we’ll go ahead and slide that in with our chicken mixture as well.
- Some grapes which you can either halve or quarter depending on their size and we’ll use about 1/4 cup of those.
- Add in some slivered almonds which are always a popular option.
- Once you have all of the mix-ins that you like, it’s time to move on to making our dressing. No need to make this in a separate bowl, we can just add it right in with the chicken.
- You’ll need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or if you want to lighten things up you can use some plain greek yogurt instead.
- Then you’ll squeeze in about 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Then add in 2 teaspoons of whole grain mustard to add a little more zing.
- And last add in 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Add a pinch of garlic powder.
- And you’ll stir this all together until it’s well combined.
- Your Chicken Salad is ready!