Learn how to make Chicken Thigh with this simple and easy to make recipe!
Today i will show you step by step how to make crispy oven baked chicken thighs. Real easy and real good. For your crispy chicken to be perfect, check the necessary ingredients and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
6-8 bone in skin on chicken thighs
2-3 tbsp. avocado oil or oil of your choice
seasoning of your choice
- The first thing I do is clean and trim the chicken thighs. You want a nice cap of fat over the top and trim the excess fat around the edges. i also trim any excess fat from the back and any residue from butchering like membranes and veins. When I season the chicken i want some of the spices under the skin so i make sure the skin cap is loose.
- You may need to break the membrane between the chicken and skin and it breaks easily with your fingers.
- Finally, I pat both sides of the chicken dry and then add them to a large bowl. I’m drizzling the chicken with a couple tablespoons of oil and i’m using avocado oil. You can use the oil of your choice but choose a high temp oil because the oven will be preheated to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Giving the chicken a toss in the oil to get evenly coated.
- Add spices and salt;
- Giving the chicken a good toss and remember to get some of the seasoning under the skin. You can marinade the chicken for a couple hours before cooking but tonight we are hungry.
- I have my oven preheating to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Putting the seasoned chicken on a wire rack so they cook more evenly and remember to keep some space between the pieces and don’t overcrowd. The chicken thighs are going into a 425 degree oven for 25 minutes and then i’m turning the oven down to 350 degrees for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- Your Chicken Thigh is ready!