A muffin (commonly known in Spanish as a magdalena, panquecito, ponquecito, ponqué, cup or cake) is a pastry product made with sweet bread and other ingredients, especially sweets. Baked in custom molds, they have a cylindrical base and a wider surface, shaped like a mushroom. The bottom part is usually wrapped with special confectionery paper or aluminum, and although their size can vary, they have a diameter smaller than that of the palm of an adult person.
The muffin is similar to the cupcake but it is a different food, because it has a less sweet taste and has other types of preparation, ingredients and flavors of all kinds. It is usually consumed for breakfast or a snack.
Learn how to make Cinnamon Apple Muffins with this simple and easy recipe!
Cinnamon Apple Muffins
Today I’ll be showing you how to make these super fluffy and moist Apple muffins. They have a sweet cinnamon flavor and then there’s little chunks of fresh apple in there, and my favorite part Is that homemade streusel topping. Oh, it is so delicious.
Alright, let’s get started!
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tbsp melted butter
3 cups apples shredded
2 tbsp lemon juice
5 tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp butter, cold
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, a teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 a teaspoon of Baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Now whisk that all together and set it aside.
- Now add two eggs in a large bowl. Then beat them on high speed using an electric mixer.
- So as you continue beating the egg, you can start adding in 1 cup of granulated sugar, and you want to continue beating for about 3 more minutes.
- Now add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Then slowly add half a cup of heavy cream as you continue mixing.
- Now you can begin sifting in your dry ingredients. So don’t do this all at once you’ll want to do it about three times so a third of the dry ingredients at a time with mixing in between.
- Once you’ve got all of your dry ingredients well mixed in you can add three tablespoons of unsalted melted butter.
- Mix again.
- Now peel your apples and chop them up into tiny little cubes, and you’ll want to measure about three cups of chopped apples.
- Now add them into a bowl and then combine them with two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Now add your apples into the muffin batter and you want to fold it all together using a spatula.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners and begin scooping out the batter using a large cookie scoop.
- Streusel topping
- In a small bowl add 5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, a teaspoon of cinnamon, a pinch of salt three tablespoons of brown sugar, and two tablespoons of unsalted cold cubed butter.
- Now mash that all together using a fork until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Now top your Apple muffins with the streusel topping.
- Bake them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes.
- Your Cinnamon Apple Muffins is ready!