Macaroons are dense sweets made with almond and egg white or with a thick almond paste, traditional in English-speaking countries. They share origin with French sweets called macarons, which had a different evolution from the Italian original called maccarone.
Macaroons often use egg white (usually whipped to the point of snow), with chopped or ground nuts, often coconut or sometimes almond. However, if the coconut or other ingredient used is very sweet, the sugar can be omitted. Macaroons are commonly baked on edible rice paper laid out on a cookie sheet.
Check out a Coconut Macaroons recipe that is simple and easy to make!
Today in our kitchen we are going to make a healthy and bakery style coconut macaroons.
See the list of ingredients and follow the step-by-step preparation mode.
3 Egg whites
1/2 Cup of Granulated raw cane sugar
1 Tspn of Vanilla extract
2 Cups of Dried coconut flakes
- In a bowl, add 3 Egg whites;
- Add 1/2 Cup of Granulated raw cane sugar;
- Add 1 Tspn of Vanilla extract;
- Beat it with balloon whisk or electric hand beater (Until it reaches white frothy at the top);
- Add 2 Cups of Dried coconut flakes;
- Mix well;
- Take a round shaped spoon, with that easily we can make evenly round shaped balls;
- Applied butter to a parchment paper in a baking tray and add all macaroons;
- Bake at 320 F or 160 C for 15 to 20 mins (once it is baked it will look golden brown in color);
- Your Coconut Macaroons is ready!