Learn how to make a delicious Codfish Shepherd’s Pie to eat for lunch and dinner. This recipe is easy and simple!
Codfish Shepherd’s Pie
Separate the ingredients needed to make your Codfish Shepherd’s Pie and follow the step-by-step recipe preparation method. Watch the video for more details!
1.5kg of skinless cod
3 chopped tomatoes
1x parsley and chives
2 large chopped onions
10 chopped green olives
3 tablespoons of oil
1kg of cassava
1 can of sour cream – “crema de leche”
3 tablespoons of butter
1 glass of coconut milk
1 box of catupiry cheese (Brazilian cream cheese)
4 tablespoons of grated cheese
- Leave the cod to desalt overnight. Boil the cod two or three times, changing the water, to remove excess salt. Shred the cod.
- In a large saucepan, fry the garlic and onion.
- Add the shredded cod, the parsley and chives, the tomatoes and the olives to the pan and let it sauté.
- Cook and mash the cassavas. After the cassavas are well cooked, add the butter and salt and mix well.
- While still hot, add the cream, coconut milk and cream cheese and mix well.
- In a large baking dish, place the cod and the cassava puree. On top, add grated cheese.
- Bake to brown.
- Your Codfish Shepherd’s Pie is ready!