Learn how to make a simple and easy Collard Greens with this vegan recipe.
Collard Greens (Vegan)
Today on show I am going to show you how to make southern collard greens without the meat.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 medium sized onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups water
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon agave
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
1 lb collard greens
1 small potato, chopped (optional)
- We are going to start this recipe by sauteing onions in olive oil, over medium high heat in a large pot.
- then add salt to draw the flavor out of the onions, before filling up the pot about half way with water.
- Then you are going to add in your seasonings to the water before adding the collard greens.
- Vinegar, soy sauce, agave nectar and liquid smoke.
- Once that has come to a boil, you can add in your collard greens that have been cleaned and cut up.
- Cover and cook for 1 – 3 hours until they are fork tender.
- Your Collard Greens (Vegan) is ready!