The panetón or panetone, also called sweet bread (comes from the Italian pandolce, for example pandolce genovese) or Easter bread in some Spanish-speaking countries, is a bun made with a brioche-type dough, filled with raisins and candied fruit (orange, citron and lemon). It is dome-shaped and the dough is made with flour, sourdough or fresh yeast, eggs, butter and sugar.
Learn how to make a delicious Italian panettone with this simple and easy recipe!
Italian Christmas Bread Panettone
For your panettone to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
250g Bread flour
8g Skim milk powder
5g Instant dry yeast
100g Dried fruits pickled in rum or wine
- Dry fruit is dipped in rum or wine for an hour.
- Mix ingredients.
- Add butter and knead until smooth (while kneading the dough).
- The pickled fruit is put in the end and kneaded.
- Let it rest and ferment for 1 hour.
- Lightly round the dough.
- Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Round again.
- Apply butter to the pan.
- Put in a pan and ferment/rest for 50 minutes.
- Apply milk.
- Sprinkle with hail sugar.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Your Italian Christmas Bread Panettone is ready!