Bulgogi is a typical dish of Korean cuisine. The main ingredient is beef cut into strips and marinated with soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic, which is then cooked, preferably on the grill, although it can be roasted in the oven or pan-fried. It is accompanied with vegetables and rice.
Check out a simple, easy and quick Korean Beef Bulgogi recipe to make!
Korean Beef Bulgogi
I’m showing you how to make Korean Beef Bulgogi.
It’s really easy to make and it starts out with thinly sliced beef.
You can use sirloin or ribeye, but today I’m using flank steak.
2 pounds flank steak
⅓ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons oyster sauce
½ cup sliced green onions
- We’re gonna slice this against the grain into small strips.
- Then we’ll transfer this all to a mixing bowl or a gallon size resealable plastic bag so we can make our marinade.
- Add 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon each of crushed red pepper flakes, ground ginger, 3 cloves of minced garlic, and last, 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce, which you can leave out if you want to, but I highly recommend it.
- Then we’ll just mix this together.
- Then we’ll cover this with plastic wrap and let it marinate for 1 hour, in the fridge of course.
- Heat the skillet over a nice high heat, or your grill, and lay out your strips so that they can cook.
- Your Korean Beef Bulgogi is ready!