A meatball is a popular culinary preparation from different cuisines around the world, which basically consists of a small ball, between 5-10 cm of minced meat mixed with different seasonings depending on the place, and cooked fried, boiled or stewed according to the recipe. The meat can be chicken, pork, beef, etc. and some usual condiments are parsley, bread, onion, cumin, egg, etc. Although they are less common, fish, seafood or vegetarian meatballs can be prepared.
Learn how to make this Meatball recipe: Bake, Fry, Simmer or Slow Cook!
We are making an easy Homemade Meatball with just a few ingredients and they are still just as juicy and flavorful as you can imagine.
2 slices soft bread
¼ cup water
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (fresh if possible)
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- So I’m just gonna tear my bread into smaller chunks and place it in the food processor and we will give it a whir until it is in fine crumbs.
- To our bread crumbs we are going to add a bit of water, you could use milk you could use almost any liquid, but we are keeping the ingredient list simple today and that is why I’m using water.
- It also makes it much easier to make these meatballs dairy free. If you need that so we’re just gonna set this aside and we’re gonna get started on our meat mixture. So today we are using one pound of ground pork and one pound of regular, not lean, ground beef, if you need to or want to swap out your ground meat for other ground meats or lean ground beef you absolutely can do that just keep in mind that the more fat your meat has the juicier your meatballs will be.
- To our meat we’re gonna add two eggs we’re going to add salt and pepper, seasoning and our last ingredient is a good amount of freshly shredded parmesan cheese you can leave this out if you want, you can also increase it if you really love that cheesy flavor.
- Now we’re going to add our soaked breadcrumbs back in and stir everything together.
- Now that my meatball mixture is combined I’m just going to roll them into balls about one and a half inches wide. I tested several different cooking methods for these meatballs, I wanted to know which was juiciest and we tend to prefer them baked. We’re going to bake them at high heat for just a short time and they will be incredibly juicy.
- So you should get 40 to 60 meatballs out of this recipe depending on how large or small you make them the important thing to remember is that if you have made them smaller, you’ve gotten a little bit more from the recipe, just check them for doneness a little sooner in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (longer for 2″ rounds, shorter for 1″ rounds), until a meat thermometer reads at least 160 degrees F in the largest meatballs.
- Your Meatball is ready!