Pav bhaji is an Indian fast food dish, consisting of a thick vegetable curry served with a soft bun. Its origins are in the state of Maharashtra.
Learn how to make your pav bhaji with this recipe!
For your pav bhaji to be perfect, check out the necessary ingredients and follow the step-by-step of preparation.
1 tblspn Oil and butter mix
1 tsp Jeera or cumin seeds
4 cubes large butter, finely chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 cup capsicum, chopped
11/2 cup potatoes, chopped
1 cup boiled carrots
½ cup boiled peas
Salt as per taste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp pav bhaji masala
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp Pav Bhaji masala powder
1 tsp Roasted cumin powder
1 cup Coriander chopped
1 tsp of Kasuri methi
1 bunch coriander leaves
Pav bhaji masala powder
- Heat oil & butter in a pan.
- Add jeera and splutter them.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Mix well.
- Now add onion and sauté them till light brown.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry it till they become soft and mashed.
- You can also use back of a ladle to make it mushy.
- Add all spices powder and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook for 5 mins.
- In meanwhile, mash boiled vegetables and keep it ready.
- Once the Pav bhaji gravy is cooked, add the boiled mashed veggies and mix it well.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook it for 5 mins.
- Then add capsicum.
- Once done, mix in butter, kasuri methi and chopped coriander.
- Mix well.
- Your Pav Bhaji is ready!