Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. In the United States and Canada, it is usually prepared for Thanksgiving, and other occasions when pumpkin is in season.
The pie’s filling ranges in color from orange to brown and is baked in a single pie shell, rarely with a top crust. The pie is generally flavored with cinnamon, powdered ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Allspice is also commonly used and can replace the clove and nutmeg, as its flavor is similar to both combined. Cardamom and vanilla are also sometimes used as batter spices. The spice mixture is called pumpkin pie spice.
The pie is often made from canned pumpkin or packaged pumpkin pie filling (spices included), mainly from varieties of Cucurbita moschata.
Learn how to make a delicious Pumpkin Pie with this simple and easy recipe!
This is an very easy recipe for your pumpkin pie that’s absolutely delicious.
Even though it’s totally simple and easy, it’s also the most delicious pumpkin pie!
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 unbaked pie crust
- It starts with one 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree. Make sure that you’re using the puree and not the pumpkin pie mix which already has stuff added to it. Place that into a large mixing bowl and then pour in one 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Next we’re gonna add in 2 eggs and then our spices, starting with 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg, and then 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Then I’m just gonna use a hand mixer and mix this all together.
- Next you’ll need an unbaked pie crust. You can use homemade, or if you want to keep it easy-peasy, use a frozen pie crust or one of the pre-made rolled out ones, and you can put it in your own pan. Then you’re just gonna take your pie filling and pour it in.
- You’ll take your pie and bake it in a 425-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Your Pumpkin Pie is ready!