Learn how to make your teriyaki chicken with this simple and easy recipe!
For your Teriyaki Chicken to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
3 Tbsp honey
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 to 2 lbs (about 6-7 medium) boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
1 Tbsp oil (I use light olive oil)
1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Green onion and sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- In a bowl, add fresh orange juice, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and fresh ginger;
- Chop your boneless, skinless chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces, and what I do is cut off all of the fat ahead of time;
- Add that to your marinade, give it a quick stir, and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of oil;
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken into the hot pan. You will have some marinade left over. Keep that for later;
- Stir-fry the chicken for about five minutes until it’s golden and cooked through;
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside;
- Add the reserved marinade to the pan along with a pat of butter;
- Put that back over medium-high heat and stir for about a minute until it’s slightly thickened;
- Add the chicken back to the sauce, and just as soon as it’s hot, it’s ready;
- Your Teriyaki Chicken is ready!