Cannelloni (from the Italian cannelloni) are a wide rectangular pasta that is often used in Italian cuisine to make dishes with minced meat, fish (tuna if possible), vegetables, cottage cheese or spinach inside. It is usually rolled up into a cylinder (hence the name meaning “gutter” in Italian), and is sometimes called manicotti.
Learn how to make a delicious Three Cheese Cannelloni the quick and easy way!
Three Cheese Cannelloni
For your Three Cheese Cannelloni to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
475 grams Ricotta (about 2 cups)
225 grams frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (about ½ cup)
⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons shredded Grana Padano cheese (divided)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon dried parsley
¼ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
3½ cups marinara sauce (divided)
125 grams oven ready cannelloni pasta (12 noodles)
¼ cup water
400 grams Mozzarella di Bufala Campana (two balls) thinly sliced
- In a bowl, add 475 grams Ricotta (about 2 cups);
- Add 225 grams frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (about ½ cup);
- Add 1 egg;
- Add ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons shredded Grana Padano cheese (divided);
- Add 1 teaspoon salt;
- Add ¼ teaspoon black pepper;
- Add ½ teaspoon dried parsley;
- Add ¼ teaspoon dried basil;
- Add ¼ teaspoon dried oregano;
- In a baking dish, add 3½ cups marinara sauce (divided);
- Stuff the cannelloni (you can use a piping bag);
- Add the cannelloni to the baking dish;
- Add the sauce (mixed with ¼ cup water) on top of the cannelloni;
- Add 400 grams Mozzarella di Bufala Campana (two balls) thinly sliced;
- Add grana padano cheese;
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven (Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for 40 minutes);
- Your Three Cheese Cannelloni is ready!