We’re making our Easy, Three ingredient tomato soup.
Check out the necessary ingredients and follow the step-by-step for your Tomato Soup to be perfect!
1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, we prefer to use whole peeled or crushed, see notes for fresh tomatoes
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 large onion, cut into large wedges
1 ½ cups water, low sodium vegetable stock, or chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more to taste
- In a pan, add the butter into a saucepan and wait until it melts.
- Add the onion and the can of tomatoes — juice and all.
- Since this will be simmering a while, we add some water to thin it out a bit and finally some salt so it’s well seasoned.
- Give everything a stir then gently break each tomato into a couple pieces.
- Now cook at a low simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Now we just need to blend it.
- Your Tomato Soup is ready!